LG Style watch can't open Google Play/download apps unless I disconnect my phone from WiFi

A

AC Question

My LG Style watch can't open Google Play/download apps unless I disconnect my phone from WiFi. As soon as I disconnect my Wifi, Google Play will open and I can download apps. I just got the watch, and I also wasn't able to set up the watch until I disconnected from wifi. Is this normal?

I have wifi turned on on the watch (I also tried turning it off, just to check). I did a reset of the watch and tried pairing it to the phone again. I also restarted both the watch and phone. The only thing that works is turning off the phone's wifi, but I don't want to use too much data. I do get notifications on the watch if wifi is turned on.

Any suggestions about what is going on?

Russell Peirce

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
I think it's Android wear related. By default it wants to run independently, but doesn't have the hardware to really do so. I've encountered functionality issues with most all apps for this reason. I can quick reply with almost any app (Google messages, FB Messenger), but if I open them to create a message it tells me I'm offline. If I open Pandora on my phone I can control it with my watch, but if I open Pandora on my watch it only opens on my watch, and obviously has connection issues. I almost miss the old version of Android Wear. This new one doesn't seem to know what it wants to be. The LG Style is going to need some hardware exclusive software updates before it's going to act right.