I moved facebook messenger v118 to my sd card. Now downloaded files were automatically deleted

A

AC Question

I downloaded facebook messenger v118 on my android phone (myphone rio dunno if anyone is familiar, runs on android 4.4.2). I have noticed the app will lag or freezes everytime I use so for whatever reason I transfer it to my sd card thru the option in app manager (move app to sd). After no issue with app, i was able to use smoothly. However I notice that my camera roll's photo number is just stuck between 900ish even if Im pretty sure my photos are already beyond 1100. So I checked it and sure even some photos that was downloaded before the move was deleted. Checked also my other libraries and lo and behold downloaded videos and song were deleted as well. I read a couple of sites that says to just unistall the app and all those files will be back. Already did , rebooted device as well but they are still not back. Also noticed that media files that was downloaded during the time the app was in sd card was deleted as well. I ran recuva but cant recover them as the files names wasnt listed. They werent overwritten or something, it just not there. Can someone tell me what happened ( this is the first time I experienced this ) how can I prevent it and can I still recover those files thru other means . btw dunno if its relevant i updated google playstore around this time as well

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you used a file manager app to directly search directories for those files (as opposed to looking for them in a Gallery app)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL