I am trying to transfer photos from my Samsung S7 to my iMac.....I found that the language used in the suggestions I read are geared to someone who knows computer jargon. I would find very detailed instructions helpful. If you say 'download such and such app,' please follow that with detailed pathway on how to do it and what the app looks like....as there are several apps in the app store with the same name.

So far, I transfer the photos from my S7 to my old windows laptop. Retransfer from the laptop to my hard drive, take my hard drive to my iMac plug it in and fight with it for half an hour (following several instructions googled on my iPad) to somehow finally getting the photos to come across. Not sure what button I clicked to finally make it work. Sigh. Oh to have Windows back with good old 'cut and paste'.

What do I exactly need from the app store to make this happen easily? Thanks in advance!
    06-18-2017 12:15 AM
    You don't need anything from the Play Store.

Install Android File Transfer (AFT) on your Mac - http://android.com/filetransfer
    Plug in the phone to the Mac
    Pull down the notification shade on the phone and select the USB connection type (default is usually "charge", change to the file transfer mode).
    I want to move photos from S7 to iMac.  Layman's language and detailed pathway needed.-screenshot_20161231-182927.jpg
    Look at the above screenshot, you'd tap the bottom notification item to make the selection on the below screen:
    I want to move photos from S7 to iMac.  Layman's language and detailed pathway needed.-screenshot_20161231-182939.jpg
    Browse the device using the AFT interface on the Mac, your photos should be in a camera and/or DCIM folder.
    I want to move photos from S7 to iMac.  Layman's language and detailed pathway needed.-screen-shot-2016-12-31-6.34.49-pm.png
    I want to move photos from S7 to iMac.  Layman's language and detailed pathway needed.-screen-shot-2016-12-31-6.35.23-pm.png

From there you should be able to copy to your computer.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    06-18-2017 08:05 AM