Samsung A3 2016: Where is direction lock backup pin entry? (Continued)

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung A3 2016 with Android 7. I activated the Direction Lock, but misunderstood how it works, and cannot retrace the pattern/directions. I set a backup pin - but I can find nowhere to enter it. Even after many attempts to enter the pattern (and I now have to wait 4 minutes each time), there is no backup pin entry option. This is silly: why have a backup pin if you can't use it?

(I have tried Android Device Manager but cannot change the lock mode. There is no Samsung Account active. I have tried hard reset (vol.down+power for 10 secs.); no change.)

How can I get to a backup pin entry field?I have a Samsung A3 2016 with Android 7. I activated the Direction Lock, but misunderstood how it works, and cannot retrace the pattern/directions. I set a backup pin - but I can find nowhere to enter it. Even after many attempts to enter the pattern (and I now have to wait 4 minutes each time), there is no backup pin entry option. This is silly: why have a backup pin if you can't use it?

(I have tried Android Device Manager but cannot change the lock mode. There is no Samsung Account active. I have tried hard reset (vol.down+power for 10 secs.); no change.)

How can I get to a backup pin entry field?

B. Diddy
Welcome to Android Central! I believe the backup PIN is used only when you're using the fingerprint unlock. You might be stuck with doing a hardware button factory reset

Thanks for your answer. However, firstly, this model does not have fingerprint unlock. Secondly, when setting the direction lock, the phone requires a backup pin to be set. This backup pin is specifically for the direction lock. But the phone doesn't ask for it! I'm now at 16 minutes wait between attempts!!

I called Samsung support twice (Germany and UK); one said that this behaviour was correct but couldn't explain why and I would just have to lose all my data and settings doing a factory reset and then wished me a nice weekend; the other said that a backup pin option should appear...... eventually, but couldn't say when.