I have been using a micro ported cable (with mfg supplied charger base to change my note 3.

Lately, I have been getting a NO NETWORK SERVICE message in a couple of geographical locations where I've not had a problem previously.
    By NOT having anything connected to the left side, am I depriving the note 3 of anything....... such as lack of sensitivity to acquire a Cell Phone NETWORK, where I had in years past?

Or anything else, for that matter.
    06-18-2017 10:01 AM
    I had to look at a picture to figure out what you were talking about. That port is a standard USB 3.0 Micro-USB port. One portion of that plug is a standard Micro-USB plug, the second portion is for the SuperSpeed portion of USB 3.0. A cable should not be required in either part of the port in order to get the best cellular signal. I would say there is some other issue with the phone, the SIM card or the service in that area.

One possibility is that the carrier is working on deploying advanced technology and part of that is shutting down towers or transceivers that had better coverage in the are of concern.
    06-18-2017 11:43 AM