Ever since I got updated to Nougat, my phone will not connect to wifi until i unlock the phone. For instance, if i am home and i leave, when i come back it doesnt connect. there have been times it has set for a hour and wont connect until i open the phone up. i have tried everything. reset network connections, forgot networks, i have done a factory reset multiple times. Ive started in safe mode. It especially causes a problem at work when the wifi drops out, it wont reconnect until i actually unlock the phone causing me to miss calls and text. Anybody else have this issue? Seems like i cant be the only one. did not do this on my old android version, but now all the time.
    06-18-2017 01:36 PM
    Hello!

One of the settings you did not mention is advanced Wi-Fi settings. Settings > Wi-Fi > Advanced > there is an option in there for Wi-Fi to stay on during sleep. You may want to check and make sure this is checked. It is usually on by default, but worth looking into.
    belodion likes this.
    06-19-2017 11:59 AM
    Thanks, i guess i forgot to mention it. yes, it is checked as is the "always connect" for the wifi too. i just can figure it out. i am currently looking for a way to return to the older android without rooting it or tripping the knox, but so far no luck and samsung and tmobile have been no help. im at a loss.
    06-19-2017 04:34 PM