I ran a script to enable init.d from this thread and all seemed fine until I tried to use my firewall and it didn't block connections to the apps as intended. So I installed other firewalls to no success. I'm not really an expert. I think something about iptables not working properly after running that script. I really need your help. Thank you very much
    06-18-2017 07:10 PM
    i think you posted in the wrong thread...
    06-18-2017 08:07 PM
    Please provide more details, you've laid out a complicated matter that requires specifics. Which link are you referring to as far as a script you ran? Which version of Android are you using? If you're able to run a script that's relative to iptables you're most likely rooted, what process did you use to root? Which firewall apps did you actually try?

Offhand it sounds like there's a conflict going on -- manually editing iptables is not a trivial matter, and once you mix in experimenting with multiple firewall apps the two methods have a lot of potential to be counter-productive.
    markie57 likes this.
    06-18-2017 08:15 PM
    Hey thank you. I'm the op. I ran the scrip right here https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1017291. I'm using a tablet sm-t110, 4.2.2. I am rooted indeed. I flashed twerp and flashed super su from there. I tried many firewalls afwall+, droidwall, rootfirewall, even avast's own firewall etc. thank you so much for your help!
    06-18-2017 08:40 PM
    Hey thank you. I'm the op. I ran the scrip right here https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1017291. I'm using a tablet sm-t110, 4.2.2. I am rooted indeed. I flashed twerp and flashed super su from there. I tried many firewalls afwall+, droidwall, rootfirewall, even avast's own firewall etc. thank you so much for your help!
    Can you recall just what alterations you've made in your newly accessible /system/etc/rc.d directory?
    If you open a terminal and type in:
    iptables -L
    That should list current tables if that helps jog your memory. Other than that, have you posted your query on that XDA page? Whatever you did do is most likely is why none of those GUI based firewalls are working out for you. (As an aside, I really like AFWall+. Years ago used to rely on Droidwall but apparently development has stopped, hasn't been updated since 2011.)
    markie57 likes this.
    06-18-2017 10:52 PM
    Can you recall just what alterations you've made in your newly accessible /system/etc/rc.d directory?
    If you open a terminal and type in:
    iptables -L
    That should list current tables if that helps jog your memory. Other than that, have you posted your query on that XDA page? Whatever you did do is most likely is why none of those GUI based firewalls are working out for you. (As an aside, I really like AFWall+. Years ago used to rely on Droidwall but apparently development has stopped, hasn't been updated since 2011.)
    Hey thank you. yes I did post my query on that page, but I don't need it anymore. After you told me last night if I tried many firewalls. I went to try other ones and the first one I tried after that worked for me, it's called android firewall, didn't work at first but then I enabled the vpn, roaming and Ip6v options and it's working pretty well so far. I even restarted and it's all good. and yeah I use AFWALL+ on my phone as well, i'ts pretty great and easier to use, but didn't work for me on this device. Thank you very much for your help. very appreciated!
    smvim likes this.
    06-19-2017 05:12 PM