A website redirected to a scam. I answered a quiz but didnt give personal info. What's the damage?

A

AC Question

I visited a website on my nexus 9 tablet where i was redirected to a new site and invited to click on multiple choice questions to answer a quiz and win a prize. I went ahead but stopped after I'd answered the quiz questions. I didn't give away any personal data. I didn't notice anything being downloaded but I can't be sure. That was a few days ago and I haven't had any problems but today someone else in the family had their phone redirect to a very similar looking website. We could not recreate what happened in that case but I do know the web address for the website that I went to originally. So is that a coincidence or a problem that has spread to other devices on my router? I guess at the very least the punishment for my sin is to have to do a factory reset but can I do backup and restore first or will I just be restoring dodgy files?

anon(9602380)

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

First your can't get a virus on your router. Secondly it sounds like you got directed to a harmless site. If you've had no issues for the past few days I honestly believe you are safe. It was pure coincidence on another device being taken to a s similar site.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz