Why am i not getting my sd card data back?

A

AC Question

I used my sd card as an internal storage in my smartphone running android 6 marshmallow. After few months i.e. now i needed to reset my device and i did that.But my sd card is now unrecognizable.I have some important documents and memorable picture there in that sd card. How do i get that back? pls help...
SUBMIT

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
This is one unfortunate side effect of the adoptable storage. Because Android decides what goes where, that stuff quite possibly was on your internal storage, there's no knowing. You could try some of the data recovery tools available, but you may only get chunks of data back.

Unfortunately, this is a lesson - be sure you have a copy of your data, even if you think it's safe be sure to have ANOTHER copy.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
When you formatted the SD card as internal storage, all the contents were encrypted using a key on the phone. When you reset the phone, the old key was discarded making it impossible to recover the data from the SD card.

If the data on the phone was not backed up prior to the reset, the data on the SD card is not recoverable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci