Hi,

I've been using the OnePlus 3T for a couple of months now and I managed to set a custom ringtone (as a default one) and a different ringtone that's specific for my wife.
    The weird thing is that when I try to edit my wife's ringtone or add another custom one to a different contact it doesn't work.

I choose the contact, press the pencil icon, press the 3 dots and choose "set ringtone" but instead of taking me to the ringtone menu the screen goes blank for a second and then returns to the contact I was looking it. Sometimes it also changes the colour of the font of the contact's details.

I tried rebooting the phone a couple of times but it didn't help.

I'm using the latest OS (updated a couple of days ago to the latest one) but it happened with the one before too.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks
    06-19-2017 03:43 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Did you ever get an app selection menu when trying to choose a ringtone? This might happen if you have different file manager apps installed. If you selected an app other than the stock app, and then selected "Always," then maybe something about that app is glitching. Try resetting app preferences -- you can usually do this by going to Settings>Apps and tapping Menu>Reset All App Preferences (although the menu location can differ, depending on the phone).
    06-19-2017 07:43 PM