Why do i don't hear my voice (what i speak) when i record audio or video?

A

AC Question

Whenever I record sound or record video I cannot hear my voice (what I speak) in it. Instead I hear sound like a thunderstorm sound.
Same happens during calls the other person cannot hear me speaking but hears some sound like a heavy wind storm is happening.
Earlier after sometimes this issue disappeared and came back again without even doing anything but now it's not recovering.
I tried to record my voice with my headphones speaker but it is still the same.
I did factory reset my phone but the issue is still there, no change.
Please help me with this!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? When you make a call, can the other person hear you when you're on speakerphone, or if you use a wired or Bluetooth headset?

Jun 21, 2017
Visit site
B.Diddy,
It's an android phone. The other person cannot hear my voice (like whatever I speak) but the other person hears some wiered sounds like a sound of storm or something whether I use speaker or headphone, I don't use Bluetooth headset.
And same problem occurs when I record audio or video my voice always escapes from that recorded audio or video when I play I only hear that stormy sound.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There are quite literally thousands of different Android phones in existence -- please let us know what exact brand and model you have. I always ask, because sometimes it's helpful to boot into Safe Mode or do a cache partition wipe as a general troubleshooting step, and since these processes can be a little different depending on the phone, it's helpful to know the exact model.

It sounds like there might be a problem with the phone's mic. Try making a call using a wired headset -- if the other person can hear you, then the issue is with the phone's own microphones. If the other person still hears the distorted sounds, then it may be a problem with the SIM card, or with the network. Have you asked your carrier about this?

Jun 21, 2017
Visit site
The brand is Qmobile and the model of my phone is Z8.
And yes when I use wired headset the other person hears my voice clearly without any distortion and whenever I am on call without wired headset this problem always appears so seems like its the problem with mic.
But I also tested recording audio and video using wired headset and the problem didn't go away after I played my recorded audio or video I heard distortion but not my voice

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think phones don't use the mic in a wired headset when recording audio or video -- it's the built-in mic.

Inspect the mic openings on your phone (both the primary mic at the bottom of the phone and the secondary mic, usually at the top). Make sure they're not blocked, or clogged by debris like lint. If they look clear, then you may have to bring the phone to a repair shop, or contact the manufacturer if it's still under warranty.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You'll probably have to bring the phone to a repair shop to see if the microphone needs to be replaced. Or contact the manufacturer, if the phone is still under warranty.