I just switched from Windows phone to Android, I got the galaxy S8+. My main Microsoft Account, which has all my calendars and contact information, uses my gmail address as the account user name. This is also the gmail address that I am using to log into my phone's main account for backup etc.

When I try to enter this information in under the "add account" section in settings, or through the Outlook for Android app, it keeps thinking I am trying to add a gmail account rather than my Microsoft account. Any thoughts as to a solution?
    06-20-2017 02:25 PM
    I just switched from Windows phone to Android, I got the galaxy S8+. My main Microsoft Account, which has all my calendars and contact information, uses my gmail address as the account user name. This is also the gmail address that I am using to log into my phone's main account for backup etc.

When I try to enter this information in under the "add account" section in settings, or through the Outlook for Android app, it keeps thinking I am trying to add a gmail account rather than my Microsoft account. Any thoughts as to a solution?
    Having the same issue, is there a solution?
    11-10-2017 12:54 PM
    Can you change the MS login - maybe add a 'w' to the end?
    joelsweet likes this.
    11-10-2017 01:58 PM
    Can you change the MS login - maybe add a 'w' to the end?
    Ah - didn't realise it was so simple to change your microsoft alias address! Thank you. All sorted now.
    11-10-2017 04:36 PM