How to text on a cruise with wifi on and airline mode enabed.

A

AC Question

I have an older Samsung Galaxy Note 3. An Android phone on the AT&T network. What is the best app or best way to communicate with someone who is not on the cruise, who has an Iphone. I am looking for a way that will not have charges. As it is currently, if I send a text then airline mode has to be turned off, and each text would cost me 50 cents.

I have heard of Google Allo, Duo Slack, Signal, Skype, Snapchat, Whatsapp, Wicker, FB Messenger, Viber.... and others....and now I am competely confused on what to use. I just want a simple way to communicate with someone who is back home while I am on the Carnival cruise. Thanks

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
You're aware that you will still need to pay for internet time from the ship, right? Also, you pay for the amount of time you're connected, rather than how much data you use so you have to be aware of your connection status. Whatever app you use, the other person will also need it. Probably not the answer you want but... Take the vacation, disconnect.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Ship-to-shore communications are very expensive regardless of the method used.
If you are not using generic SMS or generic email, your communication partners will need to use the same app you are using.

Hallux has the right idea: Take the vacation, disconnect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm