What is the yellow trash can that appears and controls my phone?

A

AC Question

Everytime i turn my phone on this yellow trash can inside a circle appears on the screen, i can't do anything with the phone, there are numbered underneath and then in the end it says "released" with a check mark. Why is that on my phone and what is it?

Alex Guerra

Jun 21, 2017
Visit site
I have the exact same thing on my galaxy S8, it started showing a week after I got the phone. I have not installed any apk nor downloaded any suspicious file. It looks like some kind of memory booster but it is very annoying. While you (and I) get an answer, just so you know, you can press the back icon whenever it shows up and it won't go all the way through, you'll be able to use your phone until next time it shows.

Would be nice if someone knows! I've gone through the whole settings menu and found nothing :(

Thanks in advance!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. That looks like some kind of cleaner or memory booster app. Do you have Clean Master or any similar app installed in your phone? Maybe ES File Explorer?

What device do you have? Try this. Go to settings - memory and see what apps are listed in there. Also, next time you get this icon see what's listed under running apps/processes. Depending on your phone and android version this option could be under Developer Options.

Jul 12, 2017
Visit site
I had Clean Master and ES File Explorer installed, already uninstalled both. I've used clean master for a long time and never had any issues, but installed ES FE a few days ago along with other file explrorer utility (needed for NAS file access) and then the problems began.

It's a LG G5.

Right now I haven't got the yellow trashcan yet, but this service seems odd:

Capture+_2017-07-12-11-40-19.jpg

I'll check the memory again when the ad comes up.

Alex Guerra

Jun 21, 2017
Visit site
I had the same issue of the yellow trash can and the adds (I posted here when there were no answers yet), and noticed that this yellow trash can had the same color scheme than a default app for the flashlight, can't remember it's name but it comes with the pre-installed apps of the Galaxy S8, I uninstalled that app and it's been almost 3 weeks without the trash can or any add or banner.

I'm sorry I can't tell you the exact name of the app but I hope this information helps!!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue of the yellow trash can and the adds (I posted here when there were no answers yet), and noticed that this yellow trash can had the same color scheme than a default app for the flashlight, can't remember it's name but it comes with the pre-installed apps of the Galaxy S8, I uninstalled that app and it's been almost 3 weeks without the trash can or any add or banner.

I'm sorry I can't tell you the exact name of the app but I hope this information helps!!

Wow, a preinstalled flashlight! Glad you managed to get rid of that annoying screen and thanks for the follow up!