Will android reimburse cost of repair to phone because of faulty update

A

AC Question

Hi so i unlocked my perfectly fine working phone and a software update popped up and my finger was sitting right on the accept button. It proceeded to install update and it looked like it was istalling fine. Upon completion my phone could not be turned on or off, it would vibrate once put up the screen for samsung powered by android and then go blank and this repeated again and again. I tried to roboot it by holding power home key and volume up but it just kept showing that screen and blacking out. I took it to a repair shop and for 57 dollars they could reload it.. but the phone would lose all its saved material. I feel like i should be reimbursed for this cost since the man at the repair shop said the update definitely didnt install correctly

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure ANDROID will offer any compensation. Android is just the code base on which the phone manufacturer has built the OS to run their device. Companies such as Samsung modify the OS (sometimes quite heavily) for their devices and add the features they want then release the update to their devices as they finish the update for each model. Your real beef with a failed update is with the device manufacturer, not with Google (unless a Pixel or Nexus) or Android.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
...Your real beef with a failed update is with the device manufacturer, not with Google (unless a Pixel or Nexus) or Android.
The above needs to be noted. Android is just the operating system supplied by Google, at no charge to the manufacturers. It's the manufacturers and carriers that took it upon themselves to use and to maintain the OS on your phone. You'll be better off directing your frustrations and any efforts for compensation at the actual source of your problems. Just be sure to check any documentation that's tied to when you originally received your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon