Why won't my Samsung Galaxy S5 see/pairs Bluetooth with latest 2013 Ford F-150 Sync ?

A

AC Question

I have latest Android OS on Samsung Galaxy S5 as of today 6/21/2017 and I can't Bluetooth pair. Worse is that I am trying to update my 2013 Ford F-150 Sync and it isn't working . This combo was working until I had issues and had to re-pair. Any pointers ?

anon(130544)

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
SOLVED: Why won't my Samsung Galaxy S5 see/pairs Bluetooth with latest 2013 Ford F-150 Sync ?

Good news !

I just got my 2013 Ford F-150 (w/ no NAV) to update to the latest Sync SW 4.6 version. I did it yesterday 6/22/2017

I needed this SYNC SW update since my Samsung Galaxy S5 running latest Android OS would no longer bluetooth pair with my Ford Sync - (which of course drove me f*in nuts!!).

I had to restructure and edit the download that I got from Ford and then copy it onto a USB key and then all works as it should. If you're not PC saavy then find someone who is and let them read this.. its really not that hard.

On your PC once you unzip the *.ZIP file (Sync SW update) you downloaded from Ford into a directory you need to MOVE all the contents out of the "SyncMyRide" directory up one level.

Then you need to delete the entire "SyncMyRide" directory completely!
In your PC directory, where you're doing all this work - it should look like the file I attached: Ford-sync-sw-1.JPG

Then you need to use Notepad to edit/save both autoinstall.lst and install.lst files exactly like I did in the next file I attached: Ford-sync-sw-2.JPG

Then you take all those files in one directory and copy them all onto any freshly formatted USB key that's 2GB or greater.

Now when you plug that USB key into Sync USB port the "Install Application" should work and update your SYNC SW version properly. (also btw "SYNC USB" properly identifies the USB key because it can find things)

I think the reason you saw "File Not Found" on "Install Application" is because Ford _may_ have botched their new "SYNC" update program (running on WindowMobile) causing it to become unable to properly traverse directories (like the original "SyncMyRide" subdirectory). If I remember right - when doing my last SYNC 4.4 SW update it all happened from the one, top-level(root) directory on USB key and it worked fine.

This update is really good to and fixes a lot of other annoyances prevalent in SYNC SW 4.4

Hope this helps others
BIGDAD68 in new england
Ford-sync-sw-1.JPGFord-sync-sw-2.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool