Overhauling Phone's Contacts with Google Contacts

siouxdax

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello all:
I'm new to the forums here, and have searched for my issue, to no avail. It may be best to explain things like I'm five years old, as my tech vocabulary isn't advanced.

I was recently on the Google Contacts website, cleaning up contacts and merging duplicates. Everything looks great. But, on my phone's native contacts app, things are very disorganized. What I'd like to do is have my cleaned up contacts imported into my phone's contacts app. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Amp 2, running Android 6.0.1.

So if I were to import a file containing all of my contacts from Google Contacts, would it overwrite, or would it just create duplicates? I simply want to get rid of the disorganized contacts on my phone, and import my cleaned up contacts from Google Contacts.

Any help is very much appreciated.

PS: My apologies if my post isn't proper.

Kind Regards,
siouxdax

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try this:

1. On the phone, go to Settings>App Manager, and select both Contact Storage. (You might have to tap Menu>Show System first.) Then tap Storage, and then Clear Cache/Clear Data. Do the same for the Contacts app.

2. Open the Contacts app again. Are all of those contacts gone? If so, then proceed to step 3.

3. Go to Settings>Accounts (in the system settings, not the Contacts app), and select your Google account. Make sure sync is turned on for Contacts.

4. Open Contacts again. Do you see your contacts from your Google account showing up? If not, tap Menu>Contacts to Display, and make sure it's set to Show All.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae