My icloud email stopped working on my Samsung Galaxy s6 and tablet about a week ago. I've tried everything I can think of but no luck. The password is correct and works on my ipad. I've also changed it as previously my tablet objected to the password I was using. I didn't have 2 step authentication switched on anyway but I've tried switching it on and using the app specific code but no luck. Then switched it back off and still no luck. Tried installing alternative email apps, still an error message. Can't think of anything else to try. Can anyone help?
    06-22-2017 04:37 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Please see this thread.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=809006
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-22-2017 04:41 PM
    I've spent three days trying to get this to work. The explanation below is just to give the principle, rather than going into great detail. When you know what you need to do it's fine.

Using icloud requires two-step verification. This is set up on user details on the Apple user id site. When you register it will send you a 4-digit code to your mobile. I don't know if it's possible in any way other than text. You will use your mobile a lot!

Eventually the page will gives you the chance to create another code. This has 16 characters, in groups of four, separated by dashes. This is your new password for Android email app, or other things I assume. Note that you can't choose your own password for this step.

When setting up your email on the Android email, use your email address and username (that is, first part of your email address) AS BEFORE but use the new code as the password. Just type the 16 letters, not the dashes. Then you HAVE to do it for outgoing mail too, the same password.

I was amazed - it actually worked! If you get another Android you have to input the new password to the email again.

Note that your original password is fine for Apple products. However, when logging on to my icloud email from my other Apple computer another four-digit code was sent to my mobile. Nothing to do with the password, I had to input that and all was as before.

I hope this helps. It explains HOW it works. If i'd known this before o started it would have been fine.
    06-30-2017 02:42 PM
    This was the best advice on all of the threads.
    Although other contributors have posted similar advice, this was the most descriptive.

Leaving out the dashes '-' in the 16 digit password was the trick.
    11-16-2017 05:23 AM
    I've spent three days trying to get this to work. The explanation below is just to give the principle, rather than going into great detail. When you know what you need to do it's fine.

Using icloud requires two-step verification. This is set up on user details on the Apple user id site. When you register it will send you a 4-digit code to your mobile. I don't know if it's possible in any way other than text. You will use your mobile a lot!

Eventually the page will gives you the chance to create another code. This has 16 characters, in groups of four, separated by dashes. This is your new password for Android email app, or other things I assume. Note that you can't choose your own password for this step.

When setting up your email on the Android email, use your email address and username (that is, first part of your email address) AS BEFORE but use the new code as the password. Just type the 16 letters, not the dashes. Then you HAVE to do it for outgoing mail too, the same password.

I was amazed - it actually worked! If you get another Android you have to input the new password to the email again.

Note that your original password is fine for Apple products. However, when logging on to my icloud email from my other Apple computer another four-digit code was sent to my mobile. Nothing to do with the password, I had to input that and all was as before.

I hope this helps. It explains HOW it works. If i'd known this before o started it would have been fine.
    Fantastic guide here. Just moved to a sumsung 9 after being with apple for 10 years and was really struggling to port my iCloud account into the Samsung.
    Very grateful. Many thanks.
    11-03-2018 04:47 PM