Prepaid SIM in unlocked phone for Canada use?

A

AC Question

I have an unlocked Samsung Galaxy J7 on a prepaid Verizon plan. I'll be in Canada for 1.5 months and there are no International options for my prepaid Verizon plan. I haven't done this before, but think I should be able to buy a prepaid SIM to use while in Canada.

My questions are: Can I let my prepaid Verizon plan expire the day before I go across the border and be ok to buy a SIM after crossing over? Or are there places in the US that I can buy one before crossing? What's the best company to go with for the prepaid SIM for use in Canada?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you get the phone directly from Verizon (i.e., was it a Prepaid-Phone-in-a-Box)? Review the unlock policy here: Device Unlocking Policy | About Verizon

If you can use the phone in Canada, be sure to check if the phone supports the network bands for the Canadian carrier. Do a Google search for "[your phone's exact model number] specs," and compare the supported bands to what you find with "[Canadian carrier] network bands." If there's no overlap, you won't be able to use it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan