Whenever I plugin my earphones, I do not see the tiny earphones icon on top and cannot hear any audio from it. It just plays audio from my phone. I can confirm this is a firmware issue as I have installed an app called "SoundAbout" and in that app, I enabled the SoundAbout Service and under "Media audio", I changed the selection to "Wired Headset (with Mic)". After this, I can hear audio from my earphones. However, as soon as I change the Media audio setting back to "Let App Decide", I can no longer listen to audio from the earphones.

This is a workaround but I did not face this issue earlier. I do not want to depend on any third party app for routing the audio through my earphones. Can anyone please advise any troubleshooting steps apart from doing a factory reset/flashing the phone? Thanks!

Model: Redmi Note 3 (Qualcomm Snapdragon)
    Android version: 6.0.1 MMB29M
    MIUI version: MIUI Global 8.2 | Stable [ 8.2.4.0 (MHOMIDL) ]
    06-24-2017 11:47 AM
    Try in safe mode (where only native apps are enabled). Also try to disable the app and see if that makes a difference. This should pin the blame on the app and you can contact the devs and they can look at the code...
    06-25-2017 12:21 AM