I have a Samsung Note 5 that got upgraded a couple of weeks ago. I have multiple Gmail accounts loaded (one is personal and the other is for work). I receive notifications of new emails for one of them but not the other. The settings for both are identical and both have notifications turned on in the phone settings.

This problem only started since I upgrade to Android Nougat 7.0. While this may seem trivial but I missed an important work email that needed to be actioned same day and it's probably cost me missing out on a job. For years now I have relied on the notifications to tell me when I get an email. I am now having to set reminders on my phone telling me to check emails several times a day.

I was more than infuriated the other day, in fact I was furious with Samsung and Android and quite honestly if I cant sort this out I will go and buy an IPhone.

My phone is my computer and right now it is failing the most basic of tasks that I expect it to do. If i can successfully downgrade back to my previous version of Android I would but I have no faith that doing that will fix the problem.
    06-24-2017 08:08 PM
    Welcome to the forum. One of the problems we see with notifications and Nougat is the battery optimizer settings. Go to Settings, Battery and hit the 3 dots in the corner. You want to turn off optimization for Gmail if its on. Otherwise I would check with your work IT folks if you're using an exchange server. I can relate, I have everything set as it should and still have delays with only one gmail account. I'll ask the Mods to move your question to the Note 5 forum, you'll get more visibility there.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    06-24-2017 08:18 PM