I have a Samsung Galaxy Amp Prime. Through Cricket if it matters.

Every once in a while I'll pull my phone out of my pocket and unlock it to find the camera app is open. I originally figured I had been somehow hitting a combination of buttons to make this happen. Until today I had my phone setting next me on the table listening to a podcast through Pocket Casts and a bluetooth speaker. I was playing a PC game and hadnt touched my phone in a good 30 minutes. I picked my phone up unlocked it and found I was looking at myself. The camera app was opened. Unless I'm somehow palming an easy to hit combination of buttons as I press the power button to lock my phone(always lock my phone to kill the screen and save battery) and opening the camera that way.. it is definitely doing it on its own. Its not happening by buttons getting hit in my pocket. Whats going on and how can I stop it?
    06-24-2017 08:26 PM
    Welcome to the forum. I would guess you have an app that's kicking in the camera. Try rebooting to safe mode and let the phone run for awhile as you normally would. If it doesn't happen then its an app that you'll have to pin down. Skype, Facebook, some thing social I would suspect.
    06-24-2017 08:30 PM
    Welcome to the forum. I would guess you have an app that's kicking in the camera. Try rebooting to safe mode and let the phone run for awhile as you normally would. If it doesn't happen then its an app that you'll have to pin down. Skype, Facebook, some thing social I would suspect.
    Hi, thanks. Well it doesnt happen that often.. not all the time anyways. I might have to leave my phone in safe mode for a month or more to know if its still happening or not. Its completely random. Sometimes it will happen a couple times a day. Sometimes its weeks between.

I'd hope its something social.. I dont have many installed lol. Not even facebook. I actually think tapatalk is the only social type app I have at the moment but its been happening long before I downloaded that.
    06-24-2017 08:37 PM
    Sometimes it will happen a couple times a day. Sometimes its weeks between.
    You could, just for kicks, do a clear cache and clear data for the camera app. You won't lose anything and it might get rid of whatever is doing that. I would think having the cam on and not knowing it would suck down the battery pretty quick. Good luck.
    06-24-2017 08:44 PM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Amp Prime. Through Cricket if it matters.

Every once in a while I'll pull my phone out of my pocket and unlock it to find the camera app is open. I originally figured I had been somehow hitting a combination of buttons to make this happen. Until today I had my phone setting next me on the table listening to a podcast through Pocket Casts and a bluetooth speaker. I was playing a PC game and hadnt touched my phone in a good 30 minutes. I picked my phone up unlocked it and found I was looking at myself. The camera app was opened. Unless I'm somehow palming an easy to hit combination of buttons as I press the power button to lock my phone(always lock my phone to kill the screen and save battery) and opening the camera that way.. it is definitely doing it on its own. Its not happening by buttons getting hit in my pocket. Whats going on and how can I stop it?
    If you have the LG k20 - do this Shortcut Keys
    Shortcut Key provides quick access to apps by pressing the Volume Buttons twice when the screen is off or locked.

what happens - Capture+: Press the Volume Up Button twice.

Camera: Press the Volume Down Button twice.

To turn off - Tap home key > Tools tools app icon > Settings settings app icon > General tab > Shortcut keys.
    01-27-2018 06:49 PM
    I have lrnovo k6 power and for this problem there is solution in settings.
    Go to settings>feature > quick snap
    Check it off
    09-17-2018 02:17 AM