Hello. My husband was tinkering with my phone and somehow reformatted the phone.

He is an IT guy but said that he was unable to retrieve any information as he would need to do something to the bootloader (??) which would completely wipe the existing memory.

I have been looking at sites that mention a number of recovery tools but unsure of which way to go.

The phone is off for the moment but I do need to try to retrieve the data on it.
    (Primary photos and a few pdf files-- no social media).

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    06-27-2017 09:01 AM
    Welcome to the forum. Not sure what you mean as phone are not "reformatted" like a harddrive. A factory reset will remove all user data and return the phone to the state it was in out of the box. If that has happened your data is gone. What happens if you turn on the phone, does it boot normally? Sorry, without knowing exactly what state your phone is in it's difficult to give a path forward.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    06-27-2017 11:17 AM