Is there a legend of the icon that shows up on the top left of they icons on the home screen?

I have a screen shot but the intuitiveness of how to attach it to my post escapes me with this forum software.
    06-27-2017 09:22 PM
    Welcome to the forum. No, no legend as there are many that are app specific. The particular one you reference is widely reported, with several guesses at the cause. The best is below. Also, you cannot attach screen shots until you have joined the site.

The dim dot where the notifications usually are and the dimming of the battery and time icons seen during the play of Asphalt 8 above are intentional behavior during full-screen app usage. I have seen this same thing on my Nexus 7 (2013) while reading books in the Kindle app, and it also replaces the three main Android softkeys at the bottom of the screen with dim dots. The purpose is to reduce distractions when you are engaged with a full-screen app.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    06-28-2017 07:40 AM