I have a BLU life one x (2016) and it updated to android marshmallow. I want to format the sd as internal, so I wanted to do backup, as I have tons of photos and other things in it.
    I conected the phone to my pc and made a copy of all the files in the sd, but the folder has less than 100mb and the photos and most files aren't there. How can I acces this files so I can backup?
    06-28-2017 07:40 AM
    Welcome to the forums. Can you access the SD card in the phone with the PC using a file manager? Assuming you can as you did a backup somehow, you should be able to see all the files on the card. I would copy each folder by itself and make sure all files were copied before proceeding the next folder. I would also caution you against formatting an SD card as internal memory. We see quite a few posts wanting to know how to recover data when the SD card fails, and they do quite often. Just something to think about.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    06-28-2017 07:51 AM
    Login done
    I don't think im formatting then, but i still have the other problem. So, when I see the sd on my PC it says 5,13gb out of 14,8gb available (16gb sd), but if I open it and select all the files+folders and then properties it says 96,7 MB, wich is exactly what's on the backup folder I made. I thought maybe the files moved to internal memory but if I open my phone gallery and then remove the sd most of the photos dissapear.
    06-28-2017 08:36 AM
    Welcome to the forums as a new member! That's strange there's such a difference in capacity. It looks like there is a very large amount of hidden files, but I haven't seen that on any of my phone mounted SDs. Photos and data files are in open folders and accessible to a file manager and copy with no problems. What happens when you look at each folder on the SD? Can you see the files as photos? Also, what do you see when you look at the phone's internal storage? I'm wondering if there is a big cache file of some type.
    06-28-2017 08:44 AM
    Inside the sd:
    I expected: "Download" folder (74MB, this folder I know and it has all the stuff i remeber it had) another folder with a couple recordings
    Weird maybe: A "data" folder thas has one file without a name that appears as a "PUSH_DEVICE" file of 32 bytes
    "LOST.DIR" folder, empty
    "otaLogs" folder with a text document
    "postview", a "BIN file", not sure if it's from games or apps
    Probably not useful: An opera folder, facebook folder, a couple folders from games I have and some I'm almost sure are from games, System volume information folder and some files I know
    06-28-2017 09:08 AM
    From the phone the only thing that got my attention is a ".mmsyscache" folder that's empty
    06-28-2017 09:10 AM
    Just in case I'm doing a rookie mistake, i dont have an sd port on my pc so I'm accesing sd files by usb, going to my pc/phone/sd
    06-28-2017 09:12 AM
    I would have expected a DCIM and maybe Camera on the SD. I'm sorry, totally at a loss at this point, wish I could see that sucker. Are you sure, if using your photo app on the phone, that you're seeing all the photos you think you have? Or that some of them are actually on the phone? We have a Blu forum, I think I'll ask that the thread be moved there, maybe someone will have a better idea than what I can come up with.
    06-28-2017 09:17 AM
    I expected the same. On the gallery I have 30+ albums but if I remove the sd i have 7 left. Should I google something about hidden files or I just wait for the thread moving?
    06-28-2017 09:23 AM