Why won't my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 update past android 4.2.2

A

AC Question

My tablet is not a Tab 3 lite but a full Tab 3. When I click on update it says that I have the latest version but surely I should have 4.4.2?

jeffhaskins

May 2, 2016
Visit site
GT--P5210 it seems I have to say more to make it 10 characters
Sorry for the late response, my Tapatalk is giving me fits...

Go to this link and download the 4.4.2 firmware, whichever country uses similar language. Like for USA I would use United Kingdom. Then use Odin and download mode to flash the firmware file. (Load it into the AP/PDA slot)
When it is finished if it gives you the pass it will reboot and take a while to upgrade.

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-tab3/GT-P5210/

jeffhaskins

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. I seem to need PDA 5210xxUANB3. Not sure that I understand about loading it into AP/PDA slot. Is this just a matter of following instructions.
Yes. If that is your correct model number, you should be able to download the firmware, Odin, and Samsung Universal USB Drivers. In Odin, your device will show up with a blue block that says com and some numbers. Depending on which version of Odin you use the correct slot will be AP...if you use an older version of Odin the slot is PDA. Just load the firmware into that slot and hit start. It'll take a little bit, as it updates the bootloader as well as the firmware. Once it's done it should reboot automatically, the first boot with the new firmware could take up to 15 mins.

To boot the device in download mode, power it off then press and hold vol-, home, and power. Then press volume up. It should say downloading...
b0188a4dedb596f6490ecb1f14e45ab5.jpg

Inzamam

Dec 20, 2017
Visit site
My samsung tab 3 is not having latest updates its stuck on 4.2.2 and if i try and update it it says that its the latest idk what to do after getting these every year now its been 7 yrs without update and i have been through analysis on yhe samsung page it says that they bring updates every year the whats wrong with this 7yrs old grandpa? Help pls

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
4.2.2 may be the latest version that your carrier released. Look on the ink in post #4 for a 4.4.2 or later ROM for your device for your country for your carrier. Then follow [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN to flash it. (You'll lose all your data and files and all your installed apps, so make sure you back up everything first.)

What's wrong is that As time goes on, the carriers no longer issue new updates to older devices. (The manufacturer has to make the new update work on their devices, then the carriers have to make them work with their apps. Most Android devices get updated once. Flagship devices get updated twice. Then you put up with the older firmware until you absolutely have to have the latest firmware, and you buy a new device.)

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I got the surprise of the year, when I turned on my Tab 3, just out of boredom, and see an update notice. I was thrilled, to see it, and it updated smoothly to 4.4, which means I can now use a Kodi fork on it, and have yet another device to access the streaming world. My Tab 3 was my first little Android tablet, that I got for free from Sprint, quite a few years ago. I had given up on it, and bought the 7" Amazon basic fire tablet on a black friday last year for $39 and have been using that for a few things, but now compared to the Tab 3, it is slow as molasses, and I have switched it out for my trusty old Tab 3, It was like a xmas miracle. It is running great, yay!

:)