Since use Office (Word, Excel, and PPT) and will be using turning on One Drive in Windows 10 on new laptop, seems better to save documents I will start to create on phone in Office apps to One Drive not Google Drive as well as saving to One Drive attachments download in phone that are PDFs. I went into Google Drive icon on Samsung 7 homepage and says not set up although in Samsung 7 in Settings in accounts in Google I have turned on since owned phone Sync Contacts and Sync Gmail an Sync App Data and Sync Calendar -- very confused -- what are they synching to since says synched as of today except Sync App Data??? (guess why people who started with Macs and iPhones never switch - this is nightmare). Grateful if expert can set up steps I would follow on phone to do this. Do I Turn on Google Drive First and pick what want saved to that Drive then Download app for One Drive and tell it what want saved from phone to One Drive (e.g. documents saved internally on phone if any, and documents saved on SD card. Thank you. Until now just saving on external hard drives.
    06-28-2017 08:28 PM
    Welcome to the forum. You're post is somewhat confusing, sorry. But, Google Drive is different than Google. Google is where your contacts and calendar are. Google Drive is a separate app and location that you have to activate using your google account settings. If you use Google Photos and Google Music on the S7 then photos and music should be backed up on Google Drive. Hope that helps with the confusion.

Do I Turn on Google Drive First and pick what want saved to that Drive then Download app for One Drive and tell it what want saved from phone to One Drive
    Basically, yes, you've got the right idea. Just be sure to keep them separate.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    06-28-2017 10:34 PM