So i have a Samsung Gs7 Edge (SD). have installed alot of apps on my phone and thus i use the standard "move to sd card" found in android to move the small bits of the files that it actually can put on the sd card. However, when i remove the sd card and put it into my pc to transfer files and then plug the sd card back into my phone. All the apps that were "moved" are now gone.

If im lucky sometimes it just gives me "apps not installed" and i can fiddle with it till it recognizes the data. but lately even the homescreen icons just straight Disappear. I have tried properly dismounting the card to no avail. I have been completely shutting down my phone just to remove the sd card to try to avoid this. but it just happened again.

As far as i know all the data is still on the card, and in my phone. As no space has been free'd up. But i cant uninstall anything as they are missing from the apps list. and cant reinstall anything because my memory is full of (missing?) apps. I've had to resort to factory reset but this is twice in one week now

I should also mention that i just purchased this SD card within a month or so and it is UHS 1 class 10 whatever.
    06-28-2017 08:31 PM
    Weird question, but why not plug your phone into your PC to transfer files that way?

Wouldn't it be less of a hasle that way?
    PJRed2008 likes this.
    06-28-2017 08:43 PM
    Welcome to the forums. @Zulfigar has a good point IMO, but, if you continue as you have been, try clearing the system cache after you put the SD card back into the phone. I don't think this a good practice however, as the phone and card lose registration and, well, you have what you have.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    06-28-2017 08:54 PM
    I've signed up. Yes i could just connect the phone to pc using usb. However i've found the data transfer speed to be much slower than using an sd card reader to transfer my files (7 mins vs 30 mins). Somehow the phone acts as a huge bottleneck. Also, I have no idea about clearing the phone cache. It just seems to me like all the data is there but the phone just "forgot" the apps existed. Which is strange since i completely power down the phone and don't turn it on until i replace the sd card. and have used safe eject on windows religiously. I use tochwiz. I used to have similar problems with nova launcher that would be solved by simple refresh of launcher. However, have gone back to using touchwiz, and rather than "app not installed" they simply disappear from homescreen and app drawer, and seems even be missing from app manager.

-Mid post update-
    I got lucky this time actually though. Just the shorcuts dissapeared. When i reinserted my sd card again the apps popped up in the very end of my apps drawer, so just have to completely redo my homescreen (also huge wtf, but hard to be mad when i thought i'd have to factory reset). have had this problem many times before and not so lucky so any help or theories would be appreciated.
    06-29-2017 06:06 AM