Plug broke off and I can't answer calls, make calls or answer texts I receive. Anyone else experience this problem? Thank you.
    06-28-2017 10:08 PM
    Welcome to the forum. Have not heard of anyone else breaking the plug. You should be able to pull the plug out of the jack with needle nose pliers, but I would make sure the phone was off first. That should fix your phone unless you also damaged the jack.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    06-28-2017 10:11 PM
    If the plug end broke off below the outside surface of the jack than you're probably not going to be able to remove it. Replacing the jack itself would be necessary, and that could be problematic. Some phone models are relatively easy to replace as the headphone jack assembly is modular and accessible without too much disassembly. But some models the jack is soldered to the motherboard or semi-permanently affixed to the inner casing so that it will involve more time and labor.
    There is an outside chance that if you open up and take apart your phone to check if you can see the headphone jack. If there's any kind of opening where the end of earbud jack is even visible, you could try to use something like a needle to push it out. But again, different models are constructed differently so it depends on what phone you have. And be very, very cautious if your phone is one of those water-resistant models as there are a lot of extra seals and special fittings.
    06-29-2017 12:01 AM