how do i disable peek on galaxy s8

A

AC Question

i have tried the fix thats allmover the web....swipe down twice and hold the cog til it spins and it exoands the setting menu to include new settings

my cog never spins no matter how long I hold it and additional settings never show up!

I play games on my phone and the peek popups kill me during an attack. i have all notifications from that app turned off except sound! i need it to stop! please help.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to my biggest complaint from the Nougat update to other Samsung phones: we can't disable 'heads up' notifications anymore. You used to be able to disable this on a per-app basis, but since Nougat, it's all or nothing. You may disable (set to 'silent') notifications for an app while maintaining the notification on the shade, but it's also not vibrating or making a sound. Sucks.

Some apps do have an internal setting not to show the overlay notification, but they're very rare. The spinning cog (System Tuner) is not enabled in Samsung Phones, unfortunately.

For games, you can use the Game Tools from the phone, which will block notifications while playing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21