Latest update killed the performance on my Verizon Galaxy S8

A

AC Question

So I have had a Verizon Galaxy s8 for almost 2 weeks I LOVED it at first but then it asked me to update and now my phone lags constantly and along with random freezes and restarts.
Details:
Verizon Galaxy S8
Android Version 7
Samsung Experience version 8.1
system update history:
-went from G950USQU1AQDF (yay) to G950USQU1AQEF (boo)

not sure if it is the system update, or a conflicting app. I am really not doing anything fancy and don't have a massive amount of apps.
Any advice on how get rid of this newfound bugginess would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Stampy

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Clearing the system cache may help, usually a good thing to do after an OS upgrade. If that doesn't help, you could boot into safe mode, which turns off all downloaded apps, and see how the phone performs then. If its okay, then it's one of the downloaded apps you have installed.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Welcome Stampy, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Could be SO many things. I tried googling that build and only found a couple complaints about a visual voicemail bug, not anything like you are describing. It could well be a misbehaving app, or it could be the build itself, or the install went array. Perhaps try putting the S8 in to safe mode and seeing how it runs AND slowing removing apps booting to regular seeing how it runs etc, process of elimination?

How to boot your Samsung Galaxy S8 in Safe mode and Recovery mode to wipe cache partition, do factory resets [Basic Troubleshooting]