I have never opened google wallet or set up an account but my bank card number is already in it. Who gave them permission to use that information?
    07-01-2017 11:39 PM
    I have never opened google wallet or set up an account but my bank card number is already in it. Who gave them permission to use that information?
    While I am not an expert...I will give you my personal opinion...

Just like you, I too was surprised to find that Google had a couple of my credit cards saved in Google Wallet and Good Chrome.

It seems that, whether or not you use Google Wallet, Google saves your credit card information from two different sources.

First, if you have ever purchased an Music, Movies, Apps, or Books from the Google Playstore, then one of your Credit Cards or Debit Cards is linked to your Google Account.

Second, if you have ever purchased goods or services (items, tickets, ect) from any online site while using the Chrome browser, then most likely the Credit Card or Debit Card information was saved by the Chrome browser and added to your Google Account. That source, can be eliminated, by going through the Settings menus within Google Chrome.

Personally, I actually have two different credit cards linked with my Google Account, and fine with that, mostly because I verify my credit card statements each month and immediately dispute any suspicious charges, if they occur.

Also, personally, I have found it helpful that Google Chrome can Auto Populate my credit card information when I am making a purchase. It is especially helpful when I am purchasing tickets to either a sports event or concert, since usually the ticket sites only give you a short amount of time to complete the purchase.

So, as I mentioned, I am no expert, but the above explanations are from my personal experience.
    07-02-2017 12:00 AM