My wife and I both have the LG G6. After the recent Android update last week, a new icon "Caller ID" appeared. My wife opened the Caller ID on her phone, but I did not. Now a pop-up saying "Caller ID keeps stopping" prevents her from making or receiving phone calls. My phone works normally, but I'm afraid to open the "Caller ID" because I'm afraid it will mess up my phone, too.

I found a similar question that had been moved to the Samsung Galaxy S8 forum, and I tried the fix that had been posted ("Go to Settings, Apps, Apps Manager and find Caller ID. Do a force stop, clear cache and clear data. Exit Settings and reboot the phone. If that doesn't help try to uninstall the app if it's third party."). I tried the solution on the LG G6, but it did not work. I did not uninstall the app because it's not third party (since it appeared with the recent Android update), but I followed the rest of the instructions, and it did not work.
    07-02-2017 07:26 AM
    Welcome to the forums. That solution is the only one known to work. I have not found another solution. You might try just the force stop again. If it doesn't stop, you could install an app disabler on the wife's phone and disable the app entirely.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    07-02-2017 07:53 AM
    Are you sure it is connected to the phone update?

It could be malware caller ID that was hidden in another app and the timing is coincidental.
    10-31-2017 11:24 AM