Amazon Underground - Unable to Download Free Apps

KimDStuart

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to this forum so this is my first post. Has anyone else had issues with downloading Actually Free Apps in Amazon Underground App Store app? When I choose an app, I'm not even seeing the option to download it. There's no button to tap to "purchase". I've looked at several older Actually Free Apps as well as newer ones that show updated in the last 30 days... none show an option to download from the Amazon Underground App on my phone. I went to the Amazon website on my laptop as well to see if it allowed me to download, and also no luck... Nothing about this issue came up when I did a quick google search. Anyone else having this problem? I know Amazon Underground App Store is going away at the end of the summer... but it's only July 3rd! Anyone else experiencing this problem or know a fix? I'd like to get a few more free apps before the store's gone for good!!
By the way, not sure it matters but I'm working with a Samsung Galaxy S7.

Thanks!
-KSD

Gnavarro

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
I thought I was the only one with this issue. Had no problems with Underground until a few days ago when searching for games to download I noticed Underground apps was no longer an option in my Menu for Apps and Games. I have a Galaxy Note 5, I checked my Samsung tablet and it also has this issue. However, the broswer website amazon.com I can still view and see Underground "Acutally Free apps." I tried to add games to my List and place in my tray from the website, but still could not download to my phone. Get error message about not being in the geographical area to download, even though my country is set to U.S. on my account. I actually called Amazon customer service yesterday, was on the phone for an hour with 3 diff tech support and no one could figure it out. The last guy thinks its related to my phone's certificates and told me to contact Samsung if they could help. Didnt call yet bc I don't think my cellphone is the issue, and the problem is also on my tablet. They didn't mentioned the underground apps going away. This is the first I've heard through this forum. I did try other advice found on the web but none worked: uninstall, reinstall, force stop, clear cache, disable, allow app form unknown sources, enable app data collection, disable google security, disable autodimming and autodimming apps, restart phone, clear android phone cache, android reboot, restart phone, and lastly factory reset my phone. All this and still not working. I read somewhere that the Amazon Underground App itself may need an update and this may be why the "Actually Free" apps and games aren't shoeing up. If anyone has any better ideas please post.