Sounds simple enough. Most would say copy it to the phone once I have the phone. Unfortunately, I'm getting the phone by mail this evening, and won't have time to tinker with it until Thursday, but want to slap in the SIM and at least be running with it. My current phone is glitching and problematic, and not an Android phone.

So, I'd like to copy my data, such as my documents, videos, photos, and music over to an SD card before the phone arrives. The question is, where do I put it? I don't know what the folder structure is for Android, because this will be my first Android device. I need to copy it before I get the phone, or do without the data for 2 days. I'd rather copy it first if it is possible.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
    07-03-2017 10:30 AM
    Documents would be in Documents. Photos and videos are commonly in DCIM. Music would be in, well, Music Those folders can have subfolders if needed. You will need to have the phone apps used for those file types scan the SD once it's installed. Keep in mind SD cards are subject to failure at any time, please make sure any info on it is backed up elsewhere.
    07-03-2017 10:36 AM
    Someone local had told me it needed to be in \media\audio\music in order to find it, and I thought that was a bit strange.

I'll just keep the same directory structure I've been using on my Windows 10 Mobile and see if it works okay. I can always fix it later. Out of time today anyhow.
    07-03-2017 01:58 PM
    Turns out it didn't matter anyway. I had to format the SD card in order to use it as internal storage and store apps on the card. Otherwise, it would have been data files only. Stinks.

At least I'm caught up with getting it "mostly" set up. Still don't have my music on the phone. That's another issue entirely, which I'll address elsewhere.

Other than that, enjoying the experience so far. Just a bit of a learning curve coming from a different OS.
    07-05-2017 12:22 PM
    Since you went with using the SD card as internal storage, make sure you are serious about doing backups of your data to the cloud or your computer because everything on the card is now encrypted and only that one phone can read the card. Any reset of the phone will discard the old encryption key leaving you with no readable files on the SD card.
    07-05-2017 06:42 PM