I stopped by a mall kiosk the other day that had a sign saying they unlock phones. I handed him my Samsung Note 2 and asked if he could unlock it. He said yes, then prompted me to remove my security code, then removed my Google account. Then he said it would take 15 minutes to do.

At that point I got nervous, took my phone back and said "No thank you."

Do you really think he was going to unlock it? I'm not sure he even could have.
    07-03-2017 10:47 AM
    I would really have no idea. I would assume, if he was in a mall kiosk, the business had been reviewed and approved by the mall management. Whether he knew what he was doing is another matter.
    07-03-2017 10:50 AM
    I stopped by a mall kiosk the other day that had a sign saying they unlock phones. I handed him my Samsung Note 2 and asked if he could unlock it. He said yes, then prompted me to remove my security code, then removed my Google account. Then he said it would take 15 minutes to do.

At that point I got nervous, took my phone back and said "No thank you."

Do you really think he was going to unlock it? I'm not sure he even could have.
    I can't say for sure, but in my opinion you did the right thing. I would've been cautious as well. That whole scenario just sounds kinda shady.
    07-03-2017 10:53 AM