how to turn on voicemail notifications on a samsung galaxy sky phone

A

AC Question

not receiving voicemail notifications and mail box was full without me knowing I had voicemails.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure you set up your voicemail inbox correctly? Open the Phone app, tap Menu>Call Settings>Voicemail, and see if it's set up there.

Sheila Millsaps

Jan 11, 2018
Visit site
Same problem here on my Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Switched 2 weeks ago from Verizon to Straight Talk and now I have no way of knowing I have voicemails without calling *86 several times a day just to check. Such poor service from Straight Talk in that they do not notify new customers this will be an issue. I had no idea I wasn't receiving my voicemail was wondering what was going on, called yesterday and had six messages going back over the last two weeks. Are there any work around here? If so please advise. Thanks!

Williefst

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure you set up your voicemail inbox correctly? Open the Phone app, tap Menu>Call Settings>Voicemail, and see if it's set up there.
I have a Samsung galaxy Skye and I can't figure out how to get my vm notifications. Please help. I've had several very important vm's n didn't know I had em til 2 weeks later when just happened to check my vm bc someone told me they left one. PLEASE HELP....

sunshinelady52

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
I have my voice mail set up on my Galaxy Sky J3 and I can call for messages but receiving no notification that I have a message. I got the phone in April and it worked fine but now no notification and found mailbox full of messages that I never got. I contacted carrier and they did nothing.

Rusty W

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you already confirmed that your voicemail is set up correctly, as previously suggested?

Yes repeatedly checked account with straight talk. Straight talk keeps blaming Samsung saying they got notification of updates but this model (galaxy s 7 edge) was not updated. Strange thing is straight talk just over a week ago tried to update the programming on my account. Took an hour to get it to go through and indicator did work then for about 4 hours then quit again.

lrn2flyus

Nov 5, 2018
Visit site
This applies to a galaxy s6 active, but may apply to similar phones. Tried all of the other suggestions first and both ting and T-Mobile customer service first.

I was trying to set up notifications without visual voicemail. Since nothing else worked I decided to try with visual voicemail, so I enabled it. I had done that before but got an error message suggesting that I had to set it up on the carrier's end. This time, before I got that far, I got a message saying that T Mobile has updated their app. I went onto google play and updated it and installed it. When I tried to run it, it still hung at the same spot, so I checked the apn settings. They had switched back to mvne wap without proxy, or I had done so in previous troubleshooting.
I switched back to ting data and restarted. It works now. Didn't have to actually complete the visual voicemail set up either.

There are two different visual voicemail apps in my app folder now. I believe that since the phone was originally an ATT phone, the stock app was interfering even though I had turned off its notifications, disabled it, and even force stopped and disabled it. Installing the T-mobile versions seems to have taken back or released whatever setting was being hijacked by the ATT Version.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7