Wifi issues on Galaxy Tab s2 8.0

A

AC Question

I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 and it was upgraded to android 7.0 a day after I got it.

I am having wifi issues. At times it takes the device a long time to connect to websites and load on numerous browsers. There is a big lag time.

A few times, it has disconnected from wifi all together although it shows as connected to a router. (The router is fine as my other devices work fine.) When this happens I have to reboot the tablet to get it to work. (I once tried to turn wifi on and off but the tablet then wouldn't let me turn it back on so I had to reboot.)

Any ideas on how I can fix this as I leave in a week for an extended trip and wanted to take the tablet with me.

Thanks.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. I would install a wifi analyzer to see what kind of signal you're getting to the tablet. Questions like this are very hard to answer, there are quite a few things, as I'm sure you know as you have other devices. You could have weak antennas or maybe just a marginal wifi radio.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

fbrown627#CB

Jul 4, 2017
Visit site
I'm the OP.

I've had the wifi problem since I got the device but to be fair it was only one day before it was upgraded from Android 6 to Android 7.

I spoke to tech support tonight and they think I have to do a full reset and that it might be software problems. I'm going to take it in to the Samsung expert at my local Best Buy to see what they think.

I have to wonder if the slow connect time is due to the browsers as other apps seem to work okay.

I have wifi analyzer and when connected it's good. Speedtest shows speeds between 50 and 90. So speeds off the router are good.

As for the disconnection problem, I'm stumped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC