How can I skip past the "select wifi network" during the phone setup on a ZTE

A

AC Question

I had to help reset my mom's phone. When we started it back up we had to select our language then it takes us to select wifi network but we don't have wifi. There is a little skip button but it is greyed out and won't let us use it

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Free public wi-fi is available in many places -- can you just take it somewhere and use public wi-fi temporarily?

evgenia93

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Hello. I have the same problem - reseted my Android, arrived to the step "choose wi-fi", CONNECTED to our network, but can't go forward neither go back! All I can do is restart phone and come to the same step. And again being unable to continue past this step.
If anyone could help with this I will highle appreciate it. Thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello. I have the same problem - reseted my Android, arrived to the step "choose wi-fi", CONNECTED to our network, but can't go forward neither go back! All I can do is restart phone and come to the same step. And again being unable to continue past this step.
Welcome to the forums. What device do you have?

evgenia93

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
I have Asus Zenfone 5. But as for now that problem was solved. BUT! There is new - my phone bricked. It's turned off permanently and when I try to turn it on - there is only Black screen with ASUS label but nothing more happening. I tried to reboot (with Power Off and Volume down or Volume Up) but it didn't work.
Guess I'll try to find a solution for this new prob.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Evgenia (that happens to be my cousin's name), bring it to your carrier and see if they can help you get it working again. (You may have to go through the whole setup again.) If not, it sounds like a new phone, so it should be under warranty - if it is, let ASUS worry about it.

Turyamusiima Dismas

Jan 27, 2019
Visit site

Kindly share with me how you managed to solve the problem. Thanks in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol