I am getting my calls intercepted by an unknown phone number.

A

AC Question

When others call me, the same number comes up and i will listen to the voice mail and it is someone else. It's as if my phone is being tapped. what should I do?

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I would suggest you take the phone to your nearest carrier store and have them look at it. Voicemail is provided by the carriers so they can advise on that also. Do you, per chance, use Google Voice?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
As a criminal attorney I would suggest only you would know if there's a reason to tap you. Seen alot of wiretaps but nothing like what your describing.

An Internet search will provide numbers to call to see if you're being tapped. All bs as far as I can tell.

Sometimes law enforcement will provide tips so that people will suspect their under investigation. The purpose is to get people to call crime partners so they can be taped. Doesn't sound like your problem.

More importantly, what's the content of the voice messages?

To add to the paranoia be aware that federal investigations can sometimes drag on well more than a year.

In summary, doesn't sound like a wire to me. You can always answer the phone when they call again and ask "what's up".

Sorry, don't know an easy way to check whether your phone is under surveillance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21