An unknown person's video was sent in Facebook Messenger instead of mine

A

AC Question

Me and my boyfriend were casually chatting in Messenger. Using his Samsung Galaxy S8+, via Messenger camera, he took a selfie. While taking a selfie, he pressed the circle longer than he should have to take a photo so it turned into a video. While he held it down, the video turned to black. During this 1 second where the video was black, he had the option of whether to send it to me or to cancel. He sent the video. When he sent the video to me, it wasn't the one he took, but rather someone else's video we have never met.

The video lasted for 1 second as well. He sent me another selfie of himself but the same thing happened over and over again. He tried to send a video many times, but the Messenger camera keeps turning black and when it is sent, the same weird video is sent every time.

My boyfriend checked his security log-ins, but no other device has accessed his Facebook account besides his.

I tried the same thing on my iPhone 7 plus Messenger but everything was fine.

This occurred while he was using messenger front camera video only. Whether he used the wifi or mobile data, his Messenger front camera keeps on bugging when he takes a video. But if he uses his built-in camera app, everything is fine.

We are wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else and if anyone has an idea of why and how this happened?

Natalie Garcia1

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
Me and my boyfriend were casually chatting in Messenger. Using his Samsung Galaxy S8+, via Messenger camera, he took a selfie. While taking a selfie, he pressed the circle longer than he should have to take a photo so it turned into a video. While he held it down, the video turned to black. During this 1 second where the video was black, he had the option of whether to send it to me or to cancel. He sent the video. When he sent the video to me, it wasn't the one he took, but rather someone else's video we have never met.

The video lasted for 1 second as well. He sent me another selfie of himself but the same thing happened over and over again. He tried to send a video many times, but the Messenger camera keeps turning black and when it is sent, the same weird video is sent every time.

My boyfriend checked his security log-ins, but no other device has accessed his Facebook account besides his.

I tried the same thing on my iPhone 7 plus Messenger but everything was fine.

This occurred while he was using messenger front camera video only. Whether he used the wifi or mobile data, his Messenger front camera keeps on bugging when he takes a video. But if he uses his built-in camera app, everything is fine.

We are wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else and if anyone has an idea of why and how this happened?

Hey this same thing just happened to me and my boyfriend while i was trying to send him a quick video of something I was cooking. I as well have a Samsung galaxy S8 and was using the messenger camera but I was not using the front camera. Just searching for an explanation as well and your story fits mine to well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781