I've had the same 32GB SanDisk SD card in my Motorola Moto G4 ever since I've had the phone which is coming up a year now.

One day last week, out of the blue, it deleted all the apps I had installed to it and wouldn't reinstall anything. HOWEVER, it still had all my photos and all my music files which all still played perfectly on the phone's music player.

I figured I'd try to reformat the SD card to my phone. I unformatted it then when I went to format it again I just get a message that says it's unsupported and I get an error code. Tried it in my tablet and it's unsupported there as well.

Does anyone have any clue what's happened here? If it's corrupted why did it only affect my apps and nothing else? And is there a way to fix it or do I simply have to buy a new card?
    07-08-2017 01:54 PM
    Welcome to the forums. We are seeing many posts of SD cards just dying for no reason, or, like you, partly then dead. I doubt the card can be reused. Sorry. Be sure to back up anything placed on an SD.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    07-08-2017 02:00 PM