I've got an album in Google pics, I want to share to my s8 gallery, I click share on the album and options come up, but not the Samsung gallery, I'm sure on my s6, this was working fine. My question is how do I add the gallery app to the list of apps that I can share with, seems silly it's not on there.
    07-08-2017 08:55 PM
    Google Photos on my S8+ does not list Gallery, didn't figure it would actually. Google vs Samsung. You would most likely have to go to a middle ground, then come back to Gallery. Might be a Nougat thing, but I doubt it.
    07-08-2017 09:09 PM
    I've got an album in Google pics, I want to share to my s8 gallery, I click share on the album and options come up, but not the Samsung gallery, I'm sure on my s6, this was working fine. My question is how do I add the gallery app to the list of apps that I can share with, seems silly it's not on there.
    Personally my suggestion would be to copy the pictures from the Samsung Gallery app, and paste them into the Google Photos Album.
    07-08-2017 11:11 PM
    Kct1975, thank you for your reply, but that's not the problem, my gallery is synced to google pics, I wanted somehow to share from Google pics (the album) back to gallery, I've actually downloaded each pic, which sends it back to gallery, so I guess problem solved.
    But I thought there would be a simpler way, as I said I coudnt understand why when I went to share album from Google pics to Samsung gallery, the Samsung gallery wasn't in the list to transfer to, but other Samsung apps were, I though there may be a way to add it.
    I went to print pics on a Kodak machine, but it would only recognise my gallery pics, but the album I wanted to print was in Google pics, seems simple just to send album back to gallery, but apparently not.
    Cheers
    kct1975 likes this.
    07-08-2017 11:23 PM
    Just out of curiosity - why the need to use Samsung Gallery? What did Google Photos not do for you that Samsung's Gallery does?
    07-09-2017 07:32 AM
    Google Photos cannot "share" to Gallery because Gallery only sees local files. It doesn't have a function to download links that Google Photos will send if the files are online. Downloading the pics in Photos would have the files locally, which the Gallery will then see, and accomplishes the same thing.
    kct1975 likes this.
    07-09-2017 08:50 AM
    Just switched from the Note 5 to the Note 8 and although the phone is fabulous in many ways, I CANNOT get access to my Google Photos from any other app. For example, I want to text a photo. The ONLY thing that opens is the Samsung Gallery which I detest and do not want to use. I've tried every setting I can think of. And it seems when I open the camera and take a picture, it does not automatically upload to Google Photos. I have to manually share it.
    09-07-2017 11:44 PM
    Just switched from the Note 5 to the Note 8 and although the phone is fabulous in many ways, I CANNOT get access to my Google Photos from any other app. For example, I want to text a photo. The ONLY thing that opens is the Samsung Gallery which I detest and do not want to use. I've tried every setting I can think of. And it seems when I open the camera and take a picture, it does not automatically upload to Google Photos. I have to manually share it.
    1. To use another app in sending photos in Messages when using the Samsung Messaging app, when you press the clip icon, select the 'Other' tab, then select 'Photos'. If this is your first time, it will ask you what app to use. Select the Google Photos app and then Always. After that, everytime you select photos, it will open the Google Photos app.

2. Go to Google Photos settings. Check the backup and sync settings. They may not have been set up properly. For example, if it's toggled to upload only when charging, then it won't upload as you take pictures.
    kct1975 likes this.
    09-08-2017 02:43 AM