Why am I not getting and mobile data signal? (OnePlus 5 / iD Mobile)

A

AC Question

I recently purchased a OnePlus 5. I then got a monthly SIM deal from iD. For some reason texts and calls are working fine but I can't get any data internet!

Various websites say that there should be no band issues, and I've seen someone on 3 Mobile saying theirs works fine (iD uses 3 Mobiles network).

I've contacted iD but they're pretty hopeless and just told me to do the troubleshooting I'd been doing (checking the APN and stuff). I even took it into Carphone Warehouse but they couldn't work it out either.

Annoyingly I've seen a post on OnePlus forums from someone having the exact same problem, but it's just been closed as 'Solved' with no word on how.

I'm still not 100% on the exact APN I should have and other settings so hopefully it's just one of those and one of you lovely people can help me out!

Sorry for this long rambly post.

ProNotion

Jul 21, 2017
Visit site
I just got my OnePlus 5 and have just switched to the iDMobile network on PAYG as it saves me a packet over my previous contract - I had the same issue when my number came across yesterday but I've just resolved it.

Follow these steps:

1. Settings
  2. SIM & Network
  3. SIM 1/2 (Select the one with your iDMobile SIM)
  4. Access Point Names
  5. Long click on the iD Internet one
  6. Scroll down and set APN Protocol to IPv4/IPv6
  7. Set APN roaming protocol to IPv4/IPv6
  8. Click the three dots in the top right corner and choose SAVE

I hope that helps sort yours too!

Rich_NZ

Aug 15, 2017
Visit site
Awesome thanks for the final piece of the puzzle ProNotion. I'd finally found the APN settings and they looked correct. But it was point 6 and 7 that fixed it.
First time in my excitement I forgot to save. So for anyone else make sure you remember to save as per step 8.
Happy days. New phone and new cheap network.

Wolnek

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
I had the same issue and got it working. If you check the APN settings there is a setting at the bottom: "Bearer" by default it is set to "unspecified". Go check your carrier what technologies they support and then enter them manually. Click the three dots at the top and click save.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12