this has happened before, and i would like to know why.

This time i had just turned my phone on when it said 42% while charging. i opened my mom's text and needed to take the phone with me no problem. after attempting to send my mom a text back with her answer my phone turns off and on by it's self.

Once it was back on instead of say 40% or anything reasonable like that, it dropped to 4%.

Does anyone know what's going on? i've had it drop from 80% to 2% once but it is getting really annoying and only happens once every few months.
    07-13-2017 05:08 PM
    Hi there,

How old is the device? Does it get hot? Reboots might happen because of rogue apps that are overloading the processor and force the system to protect itself by rebooting (or the same if a process causes an error that just 'crashes' the rest of the system).

BUT it can also happen if your batter is defective or nearing its end-of-life. If the battery is failing or if it reports that it's below a certain level, your phone might shut itself off. If you have a phone with a removable battery, I'd suggest to try out a new one or one for another phone if you can get one to test it out.
    tube517 likes this.
    07-13-2017 05:27 PM