How Can I Double Check That My Contacts Synced Over To Gmail?

Sedp23

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I switched from windows to android and for whatever reason when I used the outlook app it wouldn't sync over my contacts so I had to use the Nine app to get my contacts Synced over. I'm assuming once I got my contacts on the phone with that app they should have been syncing to my Gmail right? How can I Double check that they Synced to that Gmail account? Is there a way to look online to check if they Synced?

Just wanted to make sure just incase I was to do a hard reset on my phone

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I checked and nothings in there but they are on my phone right now how do I sync them over?

You would need to make sure the contacts are in your phone as GOOGLE contacts. If they are not listed as such, you may need to export your contacts as a CSV file and then import to your Google account.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Before you lose anything important be sure all your contact info is saved in your Outlook account. If there are a lot of contact entries now only on your phone you need to export a copy off from your phone and import it into your Outlook account. Once everything is safely in at least one online source (your Outlook) it's easier to just transfer everything all at once into your Gmail account (all this is much easier to do using a computer/laptop). You always want your online email account to be the master copy, then your phone and other devices to just be secondary ones. Don't ever rely on your phone as a primary source for your data. Anyway once you've got all your contact info in your Google account, now work on getting your phone to sync with your Google account so all your contact info is a) in your Google account (always accessible at https://contacts.google.com and in the Contacts app on your phone. Your contacts info is stored in a database file that gets shared by the Contacts app and whatever other apps, like your texting app, that you have linked to it, so once you get things ironed out any changes/additions you make should always get automatically synced and saved in your online Google account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze