Hello,

i have a problem with my S5!

The screen content is shown muddled (on the wrong possission) and is running upwards when touching it. Also when i turn the screen off and try to turn it on again, the system gets a breakdown, flashes white an makes a reboot.
    So the phone is nearly unusable for me right now.

I had the original Android and with hoping to fix this problem i installed LineageOS, but the problem is still there.

I put a video on youtube, maybe you could take a look at it: youtube.com/watch?v=N9hZCbaJUAE

I would be very thankful if somebody could help me THX
    07-15-2017 01:01 PM
    Welcome to the forums. It sounds like you're having hardware failure. Was the phone dropped or did it get wet?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    Matze343 likes this.
    07-15-2017 01:04 PM
    Thanks for the quick answer, i joined the site now

The phone was dropped sometimes, but not immediately before the problem occurred. Could it be a problem with the connection between the display and the mainboard? It would be great if you had some advises for me what i could do to fix the problem (if it is possible at all). Thanks
    07-15-2017 01:21 PM
    Welcome as a new member! Yes, I would agree with you, the drops have probably caused something to either come loose or fail. I don't think there is anything you can do unless you're a repair technician. I would contact a repair shop and get an estimate from them. Sorry.
    Matze343 likes this.
    07-15-2017 02:08 PM
    Yes but they usually want to replace the complete display what costs 150 € and the same what a used S5 would cost on ebay, so i think its to expensive.
    07-16-2017 09:17 AM
    Find a good independent repair shop (one not affiliated with a carrier) and ask for an "off the top of their head guess" about the repair price. You can't hold them to that (plugging the connector back on solidly will result in a cheap estimate, but if something on the motherboard turns out to be broken it results in a high repair price), but at least you'll be able to get an idea of whether they repair phones or just replace parts. (If you get "you need a new screen" after a few seconds, say "Thank you" and leave.)

Oh - and make absolutely certain that you back everything on the phone up before bring it in for repair. Some shops (I made it a firing rule - don't do it and you're fired on the spot) to factory reset a phone before going any further with a repair. Replacing batteries is one thing, but if the phone is going to be out of the customer's site, a reputable repair shop doesn't want to be sued for stealing any of your data. Resetting it in front of you before handing it to the technician makes sure that stealing your data is impossible. (It deletes all your data, all your accounts and all your downloaded apps, so back up everything.) See Backing up an Android Device for a guide to backing up. (The Samsung SmartSwitch program doesn't back everything up.)
    Matze343 likes this.
    07-16-2017 12:51 PM
    Thanks a lot for your extensive reply. I already saved everything and did a factory reset.

(If you get "you need a new screen" after a few seconds, say "Thank you" and leave.)
    Yeah, thats exactly what i experienced some weeks ago in a repair shop and at this time the phone problems were much smaller, so i´m sure they wanted to spoof me. I guess they always try to sell a display exchange for everey little problem.

I think I will go to some shops tomorrow and hope I get a good offer.

Thank you again!
    07-16-2017 05:03 PM