So I'm sitting at home watching crunchy roll or netflix etc and my kid unplugs the router. Or I'm in a spot that has a poor Wi-Fi connection and it kicks me. Bc I'm full screen on my show and I run episode to episode without breaking full screen I don't notice that in no longer on Wi-Fi and now I've used all my monthly data in a few hours. Is there a way to set specific apps like crunchy roll netflix and YouTube to stop working when there is no Wi-Fi?
    07-15-2017 03:33 PM
    Welcome to the forums. You can set some apps so they only download over wifi, don't know about the ones you're using. I would move the plug for the router though. Why not just turn off mobile data?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    07-15-2017 03:44 PM
    You can block background data, but I don't think you can set any app to require Wi-Fi. Easy solution would be to toggle your mobile data on and off, otherwise some apps allow you to set Wi-Fi only within their settings. Netflix if you go to app settings you can select cellular usage than tell it to require Wi-Fi for playback of videos.

Looking at YouTube settings it seems you can require Wi-Fi for HD playback but would still allow standard on your mobile data.
    07-15-2017 04:47 PM