I have a guy who selling an iPad 2 air 62 GB AT&T version and he'll let me have it for $250. I have a couple of questions first off is this a good deal? Second since I've always been an Android User how hard would it be to use Google photos on the new iPad?

I currently have a Galaxy Tab e but I was thinking iPad Air 2 would have better screen resolution so therefore photos and videos would look better on it. Would I be correct on this? This would be the main reason for switching.

Thanks
    07-17-2017 03:29 PM
    As far as the price goes, that looks like a good deal. The Apple refurbished store has that same model and capacity for nearly $500.

I don't know how Google Photos integrates with the device for NEW pictures taken, but there's an app you can install that will connect to your Google account and act as a photo viewer for the stuff that's already there.
    07-17-2017 04:49 PM
    One word of warning - do the exchange - your money and his iPad - in a local AT&T store, and ask them to change the records to show that you're the owner of the iPad once he gets the money.

The old eBay scam is to sell you a non-working device cheaply, report it missing, so it goes on the blacklist, and he gets a new device for a lot less money (the insurance copay) and has your money (which is more than the copay, so he comes out ahead) - and you have a non-working device that, even if you get fixed, can't be used on AT&T or any other US carrier.

Once they change the ownership record, he can't report it missing, so you get the use of the iPad.
    07-17-2017 05:36 PM
    I just met with the guy and did a little hands-on with the iPad and oh my gosh that things gorgeous! My mom will definitely love pictures and videos on that thing. He was nice enough to provide a lightning connector for it so I guess that'll just plug into a regular power brick that has a USB connector.

I don't know about the ownership thing but there's an AT&T store right here in town so I can ask him about it.
    07-17-2017 06:07 PM
    Got the iPad Air 2 today and I just finished setting it up. I had no issues whatsoever, even got my Apple ID and iTunes account set up. Now to just figure out one nagging thing - how to get my photos (in Google Photos) to fill the whole screen when I'm viewing them. ??
    07-18-2017 10:57 AM
    @dougdraws - give me a little bit (might be 5-6 days as I'm on vacation and the WiFi is quite questionable), I'll give it a shot on an iPad Mini 2 I have with me...
    Tim1954 likes this.
    07-18-2017 09:35 PM
    Just make sure they sign out of ALL accounts on that device...!
    07-18-2017 09:51 PM
    @dougdraws - give me a little bit (might be 5-6 days as I'm on vacation and the WiFi is quite questionable), I'll give it a shot on an iPad Mini 2 I have with me...
    Someone in the Mac forums I belong to had the solution:

Open Google Photos to the photos.
    Tap on the 3 dots in the upper right corner.
    Then tap on "Select Photos".
    Then tap on each photo you want to save.
    Then tap on the share arrow at the top.
    Then tap "Save xx Photos".

This worked great. However, the pics that I have I took with my Note 5 and they are definitely of lower quality than ones taken with the tablet. Better get busy taking more photos and videos with the iPad, lol.
    07-19-2017 07:36 AM
    The Note 5 photos may be backing up to the Photos service at a reduced quality. I opened the Photos app on the iPad and I was able to open any photo taken with my phone in full screen.
    07-19-2017 08:33 AM
    Someone in the Mac forums I belong to had the solution:

Open Google Photos to the photos.
    Tap on the 3 dots in the upper right corner.
    Then tap on "Select Photos".
    Then tap on each photo you want to save.
    Then tap on the share arrow at the top.
    Then tap "Save xx Photos".

This worked great. However, the pics that I have I took with my Note 5 and they are definitely of lower quality than ones taken with the tablet. Better get busy taking more photos and videos with the iPad, lol.
    Photos are taking at higher resolution but backed up at lower resolution.
    07-19-2017 09:14 AM
    The Note 5 photos may be backing up to the Photos service at a reduced quality. I opened the Photos app on the iPad and I was able to open any photo taken with my phone in full screen.
    How did you do that? All my photos taken with my Note 5 open with black bars at the top and bottom. Photos I've taken with the iPad fill the whole screen.
    07-19-2017 10:44 AM
    Well, my 6P is backing up at original size rather than the "high resolution" option that gives unlimited free storage.
    07-19-2017 03:00 PM