I am having the most difficult time with my Google keyboard. When I use it for anything personal like texting or input into a message it will delay the keys so bad it skips four to sometimes ten letters and has a delay of over ten to fifteen seconds. But here, it's responding like it should-as per my ability to write full sentences with no spelling errors. So what do I do? I've maximized the delay time to 500 seconds and removed optimizations to free the keyboard up, but it depends on the website, the text, the email, or program I'm in. I had the Cheetah Keyboard for a month and it was fine-then it started doing the same thing! Why???!! I use my phone for everything including work and it's so frustrating!
    07-17-2017 04:54 PM
    I think the lag is caused because of the phone processing speed, which phone is that ?
    07-18-2017 04:26 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Does this happen in Safe Mode as well?
    07-18-2017 04:47 PM
    First, try minimizing the delay - you already have too much delay.

But a delay of 10 or 15 seconds sounds more like some other app is causing the CPU to be so busy that you're seeing a delay. Safe Mode might show you that it's an installed app that's causing it (because no installed mode gets loaded in safe mode unless you run it yourself) - but we'd need to know which phone you have to tell you how to get into safe mode. Join the Android Central Community, so you can continue to post in this thread.

(BTW, if it says "Cheetah", I wouldn't use it - you can't mess up a keyboard too much, but a lot of their apps scream "we don't actually understand how Android works - it's Windows, isn't it?" And it isn't.)
    07-18-2017 05:58 PM